Saturday, November 27, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons, Decorate for Christmas





Right now we are supposed to be celebrating Derek's birthday. We had planned the menu, ordered the cake, and even bought yummies to complete a hot chocolate bar. Instead we are (hopefully) recovering from being sick. :(

Man, oh man it has been a long 8 days. God has blessed us with great health, and we do our best to support our health. Afterall, it IS our responsibility! We are fortunate to almost always dodge the cold and flu germs that buzz around from time to time. However, this time the flu bug has caught us and has stung us hard. It started with Derek last Friday night and has lingered between the 3 of us for 8 days. We are SO over this! And why did it have to hit during the week that Ryan and I had off work and the week of Thanksgiving?! Ugh. Well, things could always be worse. And now I will be extra grateful for good health.

Even though we were feeling crummy, we wanted to put up our Christmas tree to lift our spirits. Derek thoroughly enjoyed decorating the tree. He says the lights are "preeeetty" and he enjoyed putting the "orments" on the tree. I love this sweet little boy and love to watch him have a good time. I am thankful for this memory we made. :)


2 comments:

Kevin & Amanda Schaller said...

I love it! So cute:) Zackary didn't help this year, but wait till next year!! It's fun just trying to keep him away! Love you all!!

Unknown said...

Heather, I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog b/c I had the lost your blog address. Derek is such a doll. Honestly, he is a beautiful little boy. Can you post soon... some recent pics of YOU?? :) Hope you are well! Tell Kim I say hello and give her a big HUG!!! LOVE YOU!